MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics at the XXIV FIGO World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics
MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics is looking forward to joining thousands of care providers, advocates, experts, leaders, policymakers, and others who are coming together at the XXIV FIGO World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics in Paris, France to learn, share, build alliances, and shape the future of women’s and reproductive health.
USAID’s MOMENTUM suite is composed of six global awards, all working to accelerate a reduction in maternal, newborn, and child morbidity and mortality in priority countries.
MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics, led by EngenderHealth with partners IntraHealth International, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, and Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP), works with country partners to build awareness of and provide equitable access to high-quality obstetric and family planning surgical care, including cesarean delivery, peripartum hysterectomy, fistula repair, and provision of long-acting, reversible, and permanent contraceptive methods.
The MOMENTUM Safe Surgery project team will be sharing their experiences through a variety of sessions.
Breakfasts with the Experts
Please register for these sessions here.
Tuesday, October 10 at 7:00 a.m. — Room E08
Caesarean Delivery Audits and Robson Classification as Essential Quality Improvement Tools in LMICs: Moving Beyond Mortality
Wednesday, October 11 at 7:00 a.m. — Room E01
Improving Informed Consent Procedures for Caesarean-Section in LMICs
- Counseling, Informed Consent, and Debriefing for Cesarean Section in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Scoping Review
- Informed Consent for Cesarean Section in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Scoping Review Brief
- Counseling, Informed Consent, and Debriefing: Fact Sheet
Thursday, October 12 at 7:00 a.m. — Room E07
A Community of Practice for Safe and Appropriate Caesarean Delivery in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Priorities and Solutions
- Safe and Appropriate Cesarean Delivery Community of Practice
- Cesarean Section Technical Consultation
- Cesarean Section Safety and Quality in Low-Resource Settings: Report of a Technical Consultation
- The Landscape of Cesarean Section in Sub-Saharan Africa and South and Southeast Asia
Joining Forces: Family Planning Global Assembly
Tuesday, October 10 at 6–8:30 p.m.
Invite-only dialogue among global maternal health and family planning leaders to consider how to scale up key interventions such as postpartum and postabortion family planning.
For more information, please contact us here.