Reality Check: A Planning and Advocacy Tool for Strengthening Family Planning Programs
Reality Check generates data for evidence-based family planning advocacy and strategic planning by examining the relation between contraceptive prevalence rate (CPR) and population to estimate the resources required to achieve a future goal and the potential impact of achieving that goal. This updated, user-friendly version of the tool and User's Guide is available in both English and French.
Reality Check can:
- Quickly test future CPR goal scenarios, including changes in the method mix
- Compare future scenarios with past performance to determine whether goals are realistic
- Plan for service expansion to meet goals by estimating resource requirements
- Estimate the health impact of achieving CPR goals
Version 3, which is streamlined and user-friendly, walks users through multiple future “what if” CPR scenarios, instantly displaying graphs and tables that illustrate the inputs required to achieve the scenarios. The tool is equipped with national and subnational Demographic and Health Survey data for dozens of countries, so data entry is minimal.
Reality Check Version 3 requires the following software packages:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)
- SQL Server Compact 4.0 SP1
If you do not have these, or do not know whether you have them, click here to install those packages and launch the application.
If these components are already installed, you can launch the application now.
Reality Check, Version 3: User's Guide
The Reality Check User’s Guide sets forth instructions and the methodology for projecting family planning trends and instructs the user on how to apply the tool.
Available in English (PDF, 1.9 MB) and French (PDF, 1.9 MB)