Fistula Care Plus Panel at International Congress of Midwives 2014
The Fistula Care Plus Project invites you to an exciting workshop at the ICM 2014 conference:
Catheterization and obstetric fistula
- Provide global context regarding the burden of childbirth injury, quality of care and neglected clinical skills, and the role of midwives.
- Raise awareness about the role of catheterization in preventing and managing obstetric fistula
- Identify barriers and challenges to the wider use of this intervention
- Generate action items to facilitate the use of this intervention and address identified barriers
Session panelists include:
- Chair: Suzanne Stalls, Vice President, Department of Global Outreach, American College of Nurse-Midwives
- Dr. Jemima Dennis-Antwi, President, Ghana College of Nurses and Midwives
- Celia Pett, midwife and reproductive health consultant
- Vandana Tripathi, Deputy Director, Fistula Care Plus Project, EngenderHealth
Refreshments will be served, and all are welcome! Please plan to attend.