Ethiopia: ABRI Project Achievements
In Ethiopia, a shortage of skilled and trained providers, inadequate commodities and supplies, and lack of accurate information about methods have hindered men's and women's access to modern contraception and other reproductive health services.
Through the ABRI (Access to Better Reproductive Health Initiative) project, EngenderHealth works to:
- Improve health care professionals' knowledge and skills in providing quality sterilization
- Spread the word about long-acting contraceptives such as hormonal implants and intrauterine devices (IUDs) and permanent methods (tubal ligation and vasectomy) and eliminate rumors and misinformation
- Ensure that supplies and equipment are available
- Advocate for more attention to reproductive health among policymakers
- Enhance comprehensive abortion care services
This video highlights some of ABRI's successes.